Meeting with nurse today for the colostomy pre-op, usual things checked, weight, height, blood pressure & blood samples, and to sign consent to operate forms. Had a long chat about what needs to be done and got a large bag of things to take home with us: –
1. Pre-op drinks to be taken in the 24hrs lead up to surgery,
2. Shower Wash, anti-bacterial gel to wash with day before and morning of surgery, (everything including hair)
3. Nose Cream, peanut based cream to put around nostrils, something to do with MRSA,
4. Sennakot, to make you go!
5. Citramag, to be mixed with hot water (left to cool before drinking) makes you go lots!
Again seems pretty straight forward, await date for surgery now (starting to get scary!)